Admission criteria (in priority order where there is oversubscription) for our Nursery are as follows:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Looked After Children
- Children with a brother or sister already attending New End Primary School
- Children whom the Director of Children, Families and Schools (Camden Local Authority) accepts have an exceptional educational, medical or social need
- The Governing Body has agreed priority in their oversubscription criteria for Nursery to children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances: a) where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Other children, with priority to those living closest to the school measured “as the crow flies”.
Applications for our Nursery are available from the school office. The closing date for Nursery applications is in line with Camden's date fro Reception applications. For applications for September 2015, the closing date was 15th January. The deadline for applying for September 2016 places is 15 January 2016.
Prospective parents and carers are most welcome to visit the school. Please contact the school to find out when we will be having our next tour. On this tour you will have the chance to be shown around the nursery and school by the Headteacher.
Please note that although children attending the Nursery class frequently transfer to Reception in the school, this cannot be guaranteed. Parents and carers are advised that admission to the Reception class will be decided according to the priorities set out in the section on admissions to Reception and other classes.
For full details of Admissions Criteria for New End and other Camden Community Schools, please see www.camden.gov.uk/admissions